Apparently I’m not the only one who was drooling last year when Jen from Grainline made the cutest pajamas ever for herself (see, I even pinned them back then!)… thank goodness she did not force me to try to create them on my own. Guaranteed disaster.
There will be many more of these to come, I foresee. I made a size 4 top with no modifications and a size 6 bottom. I finagled the part of the side seam where the bias bindings meet a little differently than in the instructions and I think on my next pair I will only sew 1/8″ side seams on the shorts before attaching the bias binding (or just baste it) because my seam did not end up encased in the binding. I’m considering going up a size in the bottoms – since they’re woven they don’t have a lot of give, particularly when you’re getting in and out of them. Also, for some reason I could only fit 1″ wide elastic (rather than 1.25″ that the pattern called for) – but it works just fine.
I ended up using a contrasting binding by accident (all I had) and ended up liking it a lot. Something about the print and the color combination looks Japanese to me. The fabric is actually a quilting cotton from G Street – I’d like to try something more drapey like the pattern recommends, but this is nice and crisp and lightweight and not as heavy as some quilting cottons, so I like it too.
Final conclusion: they have been officially sleep-tested and I love them! And there is a pile of fabric at my feet waiting to be chosen for the next set…